Back|Track – Fake WIFI AP
Hi guy’s i’m gonna show you how to create an Fake AP
airssl.sh creates a fake access point using Airbase-ng and uses sslstrip to bypass ssl encryption, it also offers the user the choice to use Driftnet to capture images.
- At least 1 Wireless Network Interface Card (2 Wireless Network Interface Card if you’re connected to internet over wireless for example wlan0 [connection to internet] wlan1 [broadcast the fake network])
- A little bit of knowledge in network and BackTrack
So let’s get to work
- download this script as airssl.sh (save in the desktop for easer access!)
- Open the konsole
- Open the following commands
- Now you should see something like this…
- Now input your gateway
- Now input the interface you will use to create the Fake access point… in my case it will be wlan1 since i’m connected to the internet throw wlan0 and you can create a fake access point using eth0 or other interface (you can open a new konsole and type airmon-ng to see the interfaces avaible on your computer)
- Now choose the name of your access point
- I will use option N but option A is also a good option
- Now i advise you to use N but if you are a expert you can use Y
- Now only check the window called “SSLStrip-Log” for the logins or check the file sslstrip.log
- When you’re done press Y in the konsole
chmod 775 /root/airssl.sh
AIRSSL 2.0 - Credits killadaninja & G60Jon
0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 wlan0
Enter the networks gateway IP address, this should be listed above. For example 192.168.0.1:
As you can see i’m connected to the internet throw wlan0 and my gateway is 192.168.1.1
Now you should see this…
Airbase-ng will run in its most basic mode, would you like to configure any extra switches?
Choose Y to see airbase-ng help and add switches.
Choose N to run airbase-ng in basic mode with your choosen ESSID.
Choose A to run airbase-ng in respond to all probes mode (in this mode your choosen ESSID is not used, but instead airbase-ng responds to all incoming probes), providing victims have auto connect feature on in their wireless settings (MOST DO), airbase-ng will imitate said saved networks and victim will connect to us, likely unknowingly. PLEASE USE THIS OPTION RESPONSIBLY.
Y, N or A
Ettercap will run in its most basic mode, would you like to configure any extra switches for example to load plugins or filters, (advanced users only), if you are unsure choose N
Y or N
Would you also like to start driftnet to capture the victims images, (this may make the network a little slower),
Y or N
Now i will use N i never used Y then i don’t know how that works…
Too confuse? Here is the video